boot prob

debs,

my only stable lapbox won't boot slink anymore.   (i hit the off
button before a complete "halt" was achieved--( a bonehead move,
i know)).    here's the last portion of the script before it
hangs:

    /dev/had5 was not cleanly unmounted; check forced.

    /dev/hda5: unattached inode 370715

    /dev/hda5: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY;  RUN fsck Manually.
(i.e., without -a or -p options)

    fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot.  Please note
that the root filse system is currently mounted read-only.  To
remount it read-write:

    # mount -n -o remount, rw /

     CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.

    Give root password for maintenance (or type Control -D for
normal Startup):

//

from there,  i log in as root and type "fsck," i'm prompted to
run "e2fsck."    when i do, i get this message:

    e2fsck 1.12, 9-Jul-98 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
    Using EXT2FS Library version 1.12, 9-Jul-98.

//

at this point, i'm stumped.  but my suspicion is that inode
370715 (whatever that is) needs attention.

can anyone please help?

ia, t.

      pplaw@pcisys.net