Re: apache_1.3.9-12_i386.deb

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Marek Andricik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the problem with the apache_1.3.9-12_i386.deb package. Before the latest
> upgrade I did not experienced the problem. I have .cgi programs in directories
> which are directly there or symlinked.
>
> After upgrade .cgi programs stopped working. In the error logfile there is this
> error message.
>
> [Sun Apr  9 18:16:43 2000] [error] [client 194.145.136.134] Premature end of scr
> ipt headers: /home/andricik/public_html/works/test.cgi

Do you have suexec enabled? (It is enabled by setting it suid, and is
located at /usr/lib/apache[-ssl]/suexec . If it is, and I usually get
error messages like that when suexec rejects the cgi, then you can look at
its quite explaining error messages in /var/log/apache[-ssl]/suexec.log

You should either do things according to what suexec expects, or disable
suexec.

Robert Varga