Re: Help with GDM

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 12:58:07AM -0700,
Eric G . Miller <egm2@jps.net> wrote:
> What xterm? There shouldn't be any xterm until after you've logged in

Sorry, should've been more clear. For testing purposes, i started
an xterm from /etc/gdm/Init/Default.

> I suspect a deeper X problem first. Kill gdm and make sure X works.

X works just fine from xdm or startx.

> >From your syslog, it looks like gdm is respawning over and over. You
> don't have it running from /etc/inittab do you? You don't also have xdm
> running on the same VT do you?

Yes, it seems to be respawning after dying. I just can't figure
out why it's dying. xdm is not even installed; gdm conflicts with
it.

Thanks for the speedy response.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now.
 Buy. And be happy."
--OMM (THX 1138)