Re: FreeWWWeb

In article <[🔎] 38EECABA.E4B1B7C8@acu.edu> you wrote:
> Just fire up minicom, then type ATDT<phonenumber>; when asked for a
> username, enter bart@freewwweb.com (or whatever it is), then enter your
> password when prompted. If you get access, shut down minicom (Alt-X-Q
> maybe? I always forget and have to look in the help screen). Now you
> know that your username/password works, and you can try wvdial or
> pppconfig/pon, etc again.
>
> Notice that the username includes the "@freewwweb.com" part; is that
> insane or what?! I never could get fetchmail to work with the resultant
> address of "kent@freewwweb.com@freewwweb.com" or any other combination I
> could think of. I mean, I don't mean to complain, but having a
> _username_ include the "@..." part is just STUPID. With a capitol STUPID
> on that STUPID.

You probably know this but you can play with the following
until you get something that works,

telnet freewwweb.com 110
user <yourusername>
pass <yourpass>

Then you have to get fetchmail to play nice with the information.
As I said in an early msg, I was getting through about 1 time in 3.
This is one attempt after the other.  I don't know what would cause
that and don't much care any more.  Free access is popping up all
over the place, high speed in some places if you have the right
profile.