Netscape 4.5 refuses to work!!

Hi! I have installed Debian 'slink' distribution, with kernel 2.2.5, XFree86 3.3.6
(special for 'slink'), KDE 1.1.2 (default window manager) and Netscape 4.5 for
'slink'.
When I'm browsing for a long time (about 2 hours), the browser refuses to work:
I write an address in the URL bar, but this it's ignored: a blank page is displayed.
I have increased the swap partition up to 32 MB (formerly it was 16 MB) and the
problem persists.
I use the 'kppp' program (of KDE) to establish an Internet connection and launch Netscape.
What's wrong?
Also, How I can install Netscape 4.72 (without upgrading to 'potato')?
Can I install Netscape 4.72 from 'potato', installing libc6 2.1 only in 'slink'?

Please, send your reply at ponghy@ono.es

Thanks very much in advance!!