Re: fetchmail/exim losing messages when downloading

David Karlin <dkarlin@coloradomtn.edu> writes:
> Hello,
> Occasionally fetchmail/exim drops incoming mail being fetched from
> my pop3 box.
>
> This morning, fetchmail informed me that 32 messages were being down-
> loaded, but when I opened my mailbox with mutt, there were only ten
> new ones in there.
>
> Anyone else experienced this?
>
> Please CC me when responding.

Drops it or queues it? I suspect the later. Occasionally if fetchmail
delivers a load of messages at once exim will queue them up for
delivery (I think 10 minutes later, but this is
configurable). Personally, after a large fetchmail session, I use the
"/usr/sbin/runq" command to flush them and deliver them to me
immediately.

Gary