Re: suidmanager - error

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000, Bill wrote:
> ***********************************
> /etc/cron.daily/suidmanager:
> suidregister: /usr/lib/emacs/20.3/i386-debian-linux-gnu/movemail registered
> but not installed at /etc/suid.conf line 7
>
> can someone please tell me how to remedy this?

This is just a warning message: it means that there is something wrong with
your emacs20 installation (or removal). If you don't have emacs installed the
quick solution is to remove the line from /etc/suid.conf. However, to understand
what's going on you should read the docs in /usr/doc/suidmanager.
(I don't know what's the problem because the emacs postinst-postrm scripts
should handle the registration correctly).