Re: configuring a base system

If you mean that you untar base2_2.tgz into one partiontion, then try to boot
it. Oh la la, in sbin directorry, you should find a file named unconfigure.sh
which is the one that say, you try to boot unconfigure system please configue
it. REMOVE it or RENAME it. then boot as usual, you might need to edit some
files in /etc by hand since you start unpack it manually :)

I did the same things with Debian ppc port! got another pmac 850 working last
week.

Chanop

Once upon a time, I heard Phil Howard say

> I was referred to the base system files in a file called base2_2.tgz.
> I loaded them onto a partition and tried booting, but it wants me to
> configure them ahead of time.  What needs to be done to do that.

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| got sparetime ?                                                             |
| http://kenji.anu.edu.au/                                                    |
|           Debian GNU/BSD           GPG key on request                       |