Re: zip-util w/ disk-spanning

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 12:56:27PM +0200, Vitux wrote:

> I need to transfer some files (some of which are too big for
> one floppy) from my debian-box to my win31-laptop...

Have you considered buying a null modem cable?  You could run a
getty against a serial port on the Debian box, and just use Windows
Terminal on the Win3 system and transfer the files with sx.  (You
would need to install lrzsz to do that.)

I use a null modem connection and IP Masquerading to connect my
laptop to the Internet over my desktop's cable modem.  Works great.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 was Geoffrey