Re: xterm&title

Hello Peter, HelloPaolo
Thanks for replying

I have been using about the same escape sequence (except in tcsh....)
In my .tcshrc...

switch ($TERM)
    case "{xterm*,rxvt*}":
         alias periodic 'echo -n "\033]0;${USER}@${HOST}       `date +%A\
\[%d\]\ \ %B`\007"'
        set prompt="%n:%c03%#"
        breaksw
    default:
        set prompt="%n:%c4%#"
        breaksw

the problem......
Telneting to debian machine seems to work fine
But under other OS (still xterm terminal not dtterm or any other) the shell
just change the prompt to
\033]0;my-logname@host-machine       Wednesday [05]   April \007>
I cant figure out if the problem is on the escape sequence, the xterm
version, or the echo command?
I have try all the combinations of /bin/echo, builtin echo, and the argg -n
, -n -e
Any idea??

Peter: The relative HOWTO claims tha the same espace sequence works with
dtterm to.Well ..i had the same problem.(Solaris 7 sun4u)