libdl.so.2 for bo?

I'm trying to install StarOffice 5.1, which is said to be compatible with
my linux 2.0.30.  However, when I try to run the setup program:

./setup: error in loading shared libraries
libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Indeed, the version of libdl.so on my system is 1.8.12.  Is there a way
to upgrade without upgrading to a newer version of Debian?  A search on
"libdl" with dselect of the available bo packages turned up nothing, but
I suppose libdl is included implicitly in another package.

Thanks and regards

Tom Kuiper

p.s. In case you wonder, I haven't upgraded because my system works
wonderfully, and I don't want to mess with it until I can spare some time
for dealing with unexpected problems.
--
Internet:       kuiper@DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109