Re: Questions from a new debian user

Thanks everyone.

Eventually I'm going to remove xdm from the startup script, but I'm
finding it handy while I'm learning the system to use the windows until I
feel comfortable using other ways to get around the system.   The reason I
asked about leaving it was because I read somewhere that it was better not
to upgrade with X running.

The browser I'd been using is Opera and if I had been able to find a .deb
version I would have used it.  I'm not sure what I'll find when I unzip
it; the Opera website was unhelpful and I haven't gotten a newsreader set
up yet to read the Opera/Linux newsgroup for tips.

And thanks again for answering my questions so quickly.  I've just read so
much documentation lately that if I never see another man page or HOWTO it
will be way too soon.

Hilary

Hilary L. Hertzoff			From here to there,
hhertzof@panix.com			a bunny goes where a bunny must.
hhertzof@wlsmail.wls.lib.ny.us		- Little Bunny on the Move
					  by Peter McCarty