Re: Upgrade

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 01:13:01PM +0000, Brian Schramm wrote:
> Can anyone tell me a succesfull upgrade process from Slink to potato?  I would like to
> use some software that requires the newer libs in potato and since it seems to be
> farely stable now I would like to start using it.

Edit you /etc/apt/sources.conf so it reads something like:
# Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especial
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free

(Note: use whatever mirror works best for you)

Then do:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

And sit back and wait.  I did it that way with this box and am in the
process of doing it with another box.  It might take a while, but it
does work.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"