Re: fortify does not recognise my netscape

Jan Ulrich Hasecke <juh@pironet.de> writes:

> I get the following error, when I try to patch my netscape
[...]
> "/usr/lib/netscape/47/navigator/navigator-smotif.real" is ....
> .... not recognisable.
> It is either not a copy of Netscape, or it is a version
> of Netscape that is not listed in the Index file.

The newest fortify deb package (1.4.6-0.1 in woody) recognizes this
one, if I remember right, as well as Navigator 4.72 which I use now.

> Is my netscape already 128-bit? Where can I control this?

Go to http://www.fortify.net, they have a link to a page which checks
your browser.

At first you can look at the help menu entry "About Navigator" page
(click on Help), which should show you:
             This version supports U.S. security with RSA Public
             Key Cryptography, MD2, MD5, RC2-CBC, RC4,
             DES-CBC, DES-EDE3-CBC.
if you have a 128-bit version.

Greetings,
joachim