Re: Su && Development Packages

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Brian Clark wrote:
> This has to have been asked a million times, but I can't find anything in
> the archives related to this topic: What packages do I need to fetch to be
> able to compile most software (i.e. Apache, X apps, etc.)?

The information is not available on the archives maybe due to the fact
that you may not need to compile the software you need, because they are
already precompiled in the archives.

But if you really need to compile something, you could start with gcc;
the command to fetch is: apt-get install gcc.

Oki