Re: ADDING [deb...] TO SUBJECTS

[Someone else wrote:]

>> i found both unreliable - so i have both rules in my .procmailrc
>>
>> :0:
>> * ^TO_.*\.debian\.org.*
>> debian.mbox
>>
>> :0:
>> * ^Resend-From: [-a-z]+@lists\.debian\.org
           ^ That can't be helping ... :)

>> debian.mbox
>
>I can't recall any of these failing at all:
>
>:0:
>Qannounce1494

[snip]

After some experimentation today (and mail going to more-or-less random
places for a while :( ) I decided to retract the Resent-From: idea -
sometimes the list in question is in Resent-To: or Resent-Cc:, and the
actual source of the current message isn't clear in any case - and opt
for Resent-Sender: (which comes from the appropriate -request address).
Sorry for the misdirection.

The envelope sender (the 'From ' line, as opposed to the From: line)
does *not* always work; I've just had several failures due to that. Hint
to those gatewaying to local newsgroups: gateway failures to a local
test newsgroup, so that you can see what's going on. Oh, and don't use
mail2news, it's rubbish when you need to see headers other than the ones
it likes.

Crossposts are still a problem. I might play with Resent-Message-ID: and
see if that comes in useful.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]