Re: problem compiling a module!

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 07:22:21PM -0600, Luis Gustavo Madrigal Salazar wrote:

> I've found the solution
> I edited the file .config (in /usr/src/linux) and added the dollowing
> line:
> CONFIG_RTL8139=m
>
> Then make modules, etc!!
> thanks!!

I'm jumping in a little late here, but I thought that I should reply for the
archive's sake even though you were able do your compile...

The reason that make xconfig doesn't allow you to select the realtek 8139
driver is that it is still considered to be in an experimental/development
state, so you must answer yes to the question:

Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers (CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL)
[N/y/?]

at the beginning of the configuration, in the 'Code maturity level options'
setction.

cheers,

your pal dave

--