UNIX keyboard on i386

Hello all.

I'm trying to get an old UNIX keyboard working on my P100.
When I restart the computer with the keyboard I get a errormessage that
says something like "to many NACK's, check you cables".
I have located the .c file that contains that row, but havent been able to
do much about it.
So my questions are
	- is it possible to get a UNIX keyboard working on i386 board?
	- has this already been done, where can i find info?
	- do i have to make a kernel module that checks all input values
	  it get from the new keyboard, and interpret them and send them
	  away to be transparantly mappad to the old keyboard driver?

/nisse