Re: mutt and Turkish

On 24-Mar-00 Patrick wrote:
> I've been searching about in www.mutt,org and can't find any reference
> to what I should ser charset to.
>
> Does anyome know where I can find out what the Turkish character set is
> and do I need to make any other changes to my system for it to work in
> mutt?
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 11:48:03AM +0900, ChangMin Oh wrote:
>> Maybe you need to open your .muttrc, and edit "set charset=~~".

I don't know about mutt, but the Turkish ISO charset is iso-8859-9

I found good sets of Turkish fonts for X at

  ftp://ftp.linux.org.tr
and
  ftp://compclup.ceng.metu.edu.tr/pub/linux/turkce

and, if you poke around there, you may also find fonts for
character consoles (VCs).

Good hunting!
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>