Re: glibc-compat ???

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 23-Mar-00, 18:08 (CST), Andor Dirner <andor@ady-endre.hu> wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Robert Varga wrote:
> > >
> > > The other one it breaks is Oracle 8.0, and one needs to convert Redhat
> > > compatibility libraries to be able install it, and a patch from Oracle.
> > >

> FWIW, I'm running Oracle 8i (SQL*Plus reports v 8.1.5) with the latest
> patches (as of a month ago) on a potato box with no obvious problems, I
> don't have any compatibility libs installed.

I said 8.0. I know 8.1.5 works with glibc2.1 since it is explicitly stated
in its requirements that it needs it. Of course it should work with it.

However I don't really like 8i, since it needs much more (and it should be
written as MUCH MORE) resources than 8.0.5. I know there is one aspect of
using 8i on linux when compared with 8.0.5, its being free for development
purposes.

Robert