Re: ...no Masquerade...?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 02:31:32PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> No trouble.  The other fellow's responses about ipchains &c. may also be
> true.  I don't know whether the stock kernel comes with masquerading turned
> on.  Your remarks about what responds to modprobe, though, suggest that you
> do need to use ipchains.
>
> You'll need to remove the ipfwadm module first.  Also, get rid of it in
> modules.conf; you'll need to have a look at the docs for modutils.  Once
> you've taken that out of the kernel (and prevented it from auto-loading),
> you can use ipchains.

Hmm; looks like -nothing's- in the kernel (and no mention of any of these
in modules.conf):

  www2:~# modprobe ipchains
   modprobe: Can't locate module ipchains
  www2:~# modprobe ipfwadm
   modprobe: Can't locate module ipfwadm
  www2:~# modprobe ipmasq
   modprobe: Can't locate module ipmasq
  www2:~# ipmasq
   IP Masquerade has not been enabled in the kernel.

Eh..?
--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."