Re: Similar problem as in Re: messed up terminal

I suggest that you try the following instead of "reset":

just type
cat
ESCc (Esc key, then C key (no shift, no caps-lock)
Ctrl-D

You should hit RETURN after the first two lines.

It worked for me some times that reset did not work. I did not try the
other methods you state.

	Antonio