X problem with rotated text?

Just wondering:  is there a known issue with rotated text in XFree86
3.3.6-6?  I've been printing some name tents with WordPerfect 8, and
everything worked normally until I had rotated text on the screen.
Then suddenly XF86_SVGA (not xwp) was taking 90% of processor time,
and the system slowed to a crawl.  Now, this could certainly be
WordPerfect overloading the X server with thousands of requests, but
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this with other programs.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 will be Geoffrey