wu-ftpd. Takes 2 mins to log in.

After updating my ftp server about a month ago, it suddenly take 2 mins.
for anyone to log in. After typing

$ftp my.ftpserver.com

i get the message

Connected to my.ftpserver.com

immediately, but it takes 2 minutes before the username prompt comes.

I am running the Debian frozen and I am updating once a week. I haven't
changed anything in the configuration files, because I don't know what
to change, and there has been no network/firewall, etc. changes
recently.

I checked the wu-ftpd faq and mailing list archives and I get the
impression that something in wu-ftpd was changed recently relating to
IDENT RCF931.

Can anyone help me please. I am getting tired of waiting 2 mins. for the
username prompt.

Thanks