Re: Would I have any problems with Epson Stylus 740?

I am using a 740 and it works very well. To set a 740 up, you need to go
to    http://lcewww.et.tudelft.nl/~haver/linux/epson.html
and download the   'epson740.tar.gz.' file provided on the page.
After untarring, uncompressing the file, you need to transfer the
740 related files to the  /usr/lib/ghostscript/ and the printer database
file to /usr/share/printtool/printerdb after renaming the file as per
directions on the webpage (keeping in mind that the directions are for
Red Hat systems).  Then use printtool as per the directions on the
webpage to set up the 740.

The results have been excellent.

kometboy