Re: Would I have any problems with Epson Stylus 740?

I've got a Stylus 740 and have no problems at all.

The Printing HOWTO Support Database says that the 740 is "Mostly"
rather than "Completely" support:

  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/show_printer.cgi?recnum=62112

I'm not sure what is missing to keep it from being "Completely" supported.
It certainly does everything I've expected it to.

More info on installing the 740 is available at:

  http://lcewww.et.tudelft.nl/~haver/linux/epson.html

Although targeted at the RedHat crowd, I was able to use the info and
especially the uniprint (.upp) files there to get it working on Debian
Slink.

My biggest complaint is that they keep getting cheaper.  I got a $50 rebate
from Epson:

  http://www.epson.com/whatsnew/promotions/colorstylus_50back_rebate.html

...but I was at Staples just last week and they are now offering instant
$50 rebates as well (you pay $150 at the store *AND* get the $50 back from
Epson).

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.