Re: Updated Kernel and KDE

Excuse me, for a kernel compilation I think it's better to use after 'make
menuconfig' (or 'make xconfig') to use 'make-kpkg' (make a .deb package
of kernel). For docs see /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz (if the
lacation is the same of slink (2.1).
(After 'make menuconfig' usually I edit Makefile and change the options
-O2 in -O3 in two lines: if possible why don't use in a good mode GCC?)
For KDE it's difficult because I know there are many license problems (it
is'nt GPL). You must search a site that contain deb packages of KDE 1.1.2.

Have a good day.
 Beppe.