Re: Lying to dpkg?

> I learned how to use dpkg from reading the man page. The thing is, you
> did know that for which you were looking, else I wouldn't have been able
> to find the answer. Before you asked, I didn't know how to do it (because
> I never wanted to).

Well, I'll gladly agree to disagree. The last thing I want to do is argue about
it. I read the manuals, I read the books I bought, I search the mailing list
archives, I read the HOWTOs and FAQs and if all else fails, I ask. Perhaps it
is a perfect system and only I am flawed, in which case there need no longer be
upgrades to anything but my simple brain. ;)

As the variety of responses to my question suggest, there's often more than one
way to skin a cat. :) Sometimes the method that makes total sense to one just
doesn't click with another.

Phoenix