Re: DNS lookups fail

try manually setting a DNS:

run nslookup
enter: server some.server.name (feel free to use mine ns1.firetrail.com or
ns2.firetrail.com)
then enter a domain or ip or something to query the server

if it times out it is more likely a network problem then a resolver
problem.  if it works,  then try your other setup again(again by manually
changing servers using the 'server' command) if it does not work make sure
you can reach the server by using ping or traceroute(or both) hopefully it
is not firewalled so you can diagnose it .

nate