Re: A little bad press about Debian

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Patrick wrote:

> It has to be said that running one distro is easier to manage.  At
> work we have Win NT Server, Red Hat, FreeBSD and a solitary mail
> server running Debian as a result of my evangelising.  The diversity
> is a pain when for example we want to work on the FreeBSD box and
> no-one knows where any files are.

Yes, but is that any more of a pain than running the NT server in tandem?
I mean, it's not as if the FreeBSD boxes run the same operating system as
the Debian and Red Hat systems. Ultimately, it's the similarity between
FreeBSD and Linux that's confusing you, not really the differences.

Of course, I'm the guy who tries to run every OS at home, just for the fun
and experience.

--
Hecubus