libXpm.so.4.11

    A problem with libXpm.so.4.

    I run debian 2.1, kernel 2.2.14, and recently downloaded and compiled a
program from  citrix.com  which I need to access through the net certain
databases on a server running MS-Windows.

    When I try to run the program the shell complains that  "can't load library
'libXpm.so.4'". I noticed Debian 2.1 has  libXpm.so.4.10  in  /usr/X11R6/lib.
In a different computer running  Slackware 4.0, I observed  libXpm.so.4.11
instead, also in   /usr/X11R6/lib.

    I straightaway copied  libXpm.so.4.11  to my  /usr/X11R6/lib directory, and
ran ldconfig. My citrix program now runs normally but, alas!, after I logout
xdm does not let me back in anymore. I can only log in as root, or else, use
the character console...

    I have now withdrawn  libXpm.so.4.11, so I can work normally. However I
keep getting a message  "bash: fg: no job control"  every time I open a new
xterm, or login to the console.

    I am very worried that I can't access that database, as I need to use it!

    Any hints, please...
				Alberto
--
J. Alberto Lobo