Re: swat for samba???

Now, I found Samba (my mistake was that I didn't know that I
always have to update the package database before I can select
new packages), but even now I haven't found swat and apsfilter yet
(I searched by auto and manually).
Do I perhaps do something wrong at the update-process, so that
not all packages are geting recognized?
I'm using a multi-cd-set. Can it be, that I have to get the
informations of the other packages from the 2nd CD or is this
impossible, because all package informations must be on the 1st
CD and I just need the 2nd CD for final installation?

At the acces-selection I, for "local" I'm always typing "none", can
this perhaps be the problem? But I thought this would be just for
own packages.

Or what else can it be? I'm thankful for any help!!!

> I just searched for swat in dselect and found it. I found it in usual
> debian sources. Are you using apt sources? I have Samba 2.0.5 listed
> in dselect.
>
> brian
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 05:19:45PM +0100, FreeMan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to use swat on my Linux-box for easier configuration of
> > samba. I thought it would be a seperate package, but couldn't find
> > it in dselect. Do I just have to enable swat by a parameter in a
> > configuration file or is it really a seperate package and I have to get
> > it from somewhere?
> >
> > thanks for help!ks for help!
>
> --
> Brian Lavender