Re: suggestiotn for mailing lists

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 09:26:46AM +0000, Alvaro Ortiz de Urbina wrote:
> In order to do appropiate filtering in my mail box, to avoid hundreds
> of messages that don let me see other e-mails, I think it would be a
> very good idea to include in the subject things like [deb] or
> [deb_boot] or any other.
>
> 			Thanks in advance.

Your not going to get everyone to change how they compose their subject
lines so *you* can filter it more easily. Why don't you try filtering on
one of the header lines indicating the list the mail came from. For
instance:

or

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |