Re: IP Masq'ing problem

> I have a very strange problem with IP  masquerading.  If I just set it up for
> basic access (nothing unusual, just masquerading for the in-house LAN thru my
> box which has a RoadRunner connection), everything is peacy - except that my
> brother can't play Jedi Knight over the 'net.
>
> [...]
>
> If anyone has the slightest idea what might be the problem, please let me
> know - it's driving all of us nuts!

you wanted any ideas, so here is mine:
possibly the winblows game does not close sockets, but opens more and more
new ones, which leads to some kind of resource shortage in the linux
kernel. try what happens, if you shutdown the machine on which the game
runs and wait some time (i have no idea, how long). the masqueraded
connections should time-out after a couple of time - look at the kernel
source to see, how long.
this is not proved knowledge, but something i darkly remember from my
kernel studies ...

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.