How do I use anti-spam features of Exim?

I have  a dial-up account with my IP (dynamic IP address) and I download
mail with fetchmail. The mail gets passed on to exim for local delivery,
using .forward to enable filtering. I have a stand-alone machine running
Potato. I have upgraded Potato only yesterday so all packages are the
latest.

I get a few spam emails every day and had a look at www.exim.org to see
if I could do anything about it. The advice was a little confusing, but
I ended up with the following lines in my /etc/exim.conf:

host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0
rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com/reject : relays.orbs.org/warn
#rbl_reject_recipients = false
#rbl_warn_header = true
rbl_log_headers
rbl_log_rcpt_count
# The setting below locks out the use of your host as a mail relay by
any
# other host. See the section of the manual entitled "Control of
relaying"
# for more info.
host_accept_relay = "! * : \ *"

I am not sure what this is supposed to do - no mention of the above
appears in /var/log/exim/mainlog - I imagined that at the very least
something would appear to warn me that the sender of a spam email is in
the orbs database.

Can anyone help me out here?

Cheers.

--