Segmentation faults in dpkg

Hi,

Here another one from the guy that can't get Debian installed due to a bad
PC (I think). When I run dselect and it starts installing all goes well
until one of the packages gets a segfault (dpkg does actually) and then my
whole PC crashes. I tried again and it crashed on the same package (m4 or
something).

Also, when I do apt-get, the apt-get program hangs when 'Correcting
dependencies...'. There is no action, except that it takes up all the %CPU
that is left. Anybody any ideas?

Bart

PS
Think I have to do all the packages by hand : ((