Re: Default permissions of home directories

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 02:56:48PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to set all home directories on our server to 700, so that the
> users don't see each others files. How can I make this the default.
>
> Any hints and comments appreciated, even RTFMs,

i thought adduser already did that... maybe im too tired though..

add a script adduser.local to /usr/local/sbin with this command:

chmod 700 $4

man adduser explains that it runs this script if it exists giving it a
set of arguments, argument 4 is the new user's home directory.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/