Re: Debian install cannot find ATA 66 hard drive

You will likely need to get the ide patches and build a rescue disk with a
custom kernel.

ide patches can be found at
ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick

I don't know why Debian does not provide them with their kernel.

patches for kernels older than 2.2.15-pre* can be found in the old/
subdir.

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Davis wrote:

> Ahoy
>
> My new puter has a 20 gig ATA 66 hard drive
>
> (20 pins, 40 wire ribbon)
>
> Neither my Debian install diskette nor my Red Hat rescue diskette can find this drive. Both tell me "no hard drive attached to this system"
>
> Does Linux support ATA 66?
>
> How?
>
> Aloha

George Bonser

"When someone annoys you, it takes 32 muscles to frown, but it only
takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack them in the head."