Re: dpkg/dselect and why it won't work

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Bart Friederichs wrote:

> > What does: dpkg --get-selections
> > say?
> Haven't tried
>
> > Have you tried: apt-get update
> > apt-get -f install
> I did the update (several times) it says it updated 1159 packages.

1159 is very little... chello.nl, dus ook Nederland...
Try changing your /etc/apt/sources.list into:

deb ftp://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

And run apt-get update agains, that should give you a lot more packages.

After that try apt-get upgrade, that SHOULD upgrade all you're installed
packages to the newest stable version (latest slink version).

After that you can add packages simply by: apt-get install <package(s)>

You should also try dpkg -a --configure

If nothing works... check the force options in dpkg, maybe some can help
you out.

Ron