how to create dummy packages?

I'd like to create a dummy package for the the xfree stuff so that I
don't have to worry about the stupid dependencies all sorts of things
have on xfree.  For instance, task-gnome anything depends on xfree,
which is complete bull.  So I want to make a xfree pacakge with a
version number such that dselect always thinks I have the most uptodate
xfree and doesn't make me shift-Q after selecting not to install all the
xfree stuff which loves to trample my accelx stuff.

I have no idea how to do this, any how-to?

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu