Re: Installation Trouble

Kenny Fowler wrote:

> It asks Yes or No, I select No and nothing happens.  I
> have tried to partition the hd before I run the setup
> with fdisk (DOS), 350meg for native, 58meg for swap.
> I get the same error when I run the deb setup.
>
> Help me.  I'm a linux newbie if you can't tell.

Welcome to Debian.
Recently a newbie myself, and still learning.
This one I hope I can clear up for you:
The thing is, when you partition your drive w/
fdisk from dos,
it creates dos-type partitions (called fat16,
IIRC).
You need to use cfdisk (the user-friendly version
of Linux' fdisk),
in order to make the Linux-type partitions. In
your case, you would
make one of type 82 and one of type 83.
So what you do is answer Yes to run cfdisk; it's a
very friendly,
self-explanatory program...
Once you have the right partitions, the install
process should
work like a charm.
BTW, you're probably going to get quite crammed in
350Mb hd.
I started with 515,and soon had to stuff in some
more disks,
now I have 1.4G, which will have to do for
now.(Using X, netscape,
mozilla, WordPerfect, etc).
HTH

Vitux