Re: autoconf not found

Hello Cameron,

> I'm trying to install DGEN (genesis emulator), but when i run the
> configure script, it checks for autoconf and says it is missing.  I went
> into dselect and searched for autoconf, sure enough, it was not
> installed.  I installed it, rebooted, double-checked that it was
> installed, but the configuration script still can't find it.  Does
> anyone know why?

You don't have to reboot when you have installed something new in Debian
:-) No disrespect, but this is probably something you got used to when
using Microshaft Win.

I would assume you don't have it in your path.

Check where the command is located with "whereis autoconf".
and add that to your $PATH.

/Jonas