Re: assigning IRQ manually

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 05:00:43AM -0800, t s a d i generated a stream of 1s and 0s:
> hello,
>
>   how do i assign an IRQ to my eth0 manually ?  (the PCI cont on my new
> board doest do that, even if on auto) ...
>   its something that u need to add in ur lilo.conf right ? ..  please
> help ...
>
> thanks,
> chad
>
> pls cc: me the reply, im not subscribed to this list anymore because i
> cant handle its traffic, thanks again

On some motherboards you can reserve IRQs for ISA cards, therefore
limiting the number of IRQs left for your PCI cards. On some
motherboards you can set IRQ priorities. By playing with these settings
you might achieve what you need.