Re: 4 Things

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 05:58:32PM -0600, boot100 wrote:
> 1. Is there VPN support built into Linux?

Not sure what "built   A Freshmeat or Usenet search should provide
information.
don't have specifics.

> 2. Is there a Unisys T27 Emulator for Linux?

Not sure.  Search results aren't particularly promising.  I assume
this is a mainframe-type terminal emulation standard?  There is tn3270,
if that's close enough.

If not, good places to look for answers to questions like these are:

 - Freshmeat (http://freshmeat.net/), software index.
 - Internet search engines (Google, Alta Vista, etc.).
 - Usenet search engines (Deja, Remarq).
 - Hangouts for the people who use the systsm you're trying to emulate.
   With the increasing popularity of Linux, it's often the folks from
   the other system, particularly for more obscure or less mainstream
   niches, who have the scoop on how to do foo for Linux.

> 3. Is there a good resource site for the Novell Server Emulation program?

What's Novell have to say about this?

Google on '"Novell Server Emulation" linux' turns up:

  http://www.suse.de/en/produkte/susesoft/linux/Pakete/paket_marsnwe.html

> 4. Is there a deb or rpm package for Internet Explorer?

No.  IE has not been released for Linux.

Persistant rumors of Linux IE development persist, however.  A port to
Solaris exists.

An alternative might be running IE on Windows under VMWare.  For many
shops, where the primary interest in IE under Linux is compatibility
testing of websites and HTML, this is a preferred configuration as it is
trivial to set up several Windows instances, each with its own version
of IE.  As multiple versions of IE cannot coexist on a single Windows
instance, this is actually a preferred solution.

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)

Scope out Scoop:  http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/
Nothin' rusty about Kuro5hin:  http://www.kuro5hin.org/