Installing from MSDOS Partition

Hi All;

I thought that I would try the debian install from a MSDOS partition.  I downloaded all the files except for linux, when it downloaded it just opened a new window in the explorer.  It should be a file should it not.  If it is supposed to be a html file then should I save it as it is?

Second question, if I run the install.bat file from MSDOS will it recognize the partitions I have on the drive without overwriting everything?

Get the following files from your nearest Debian FTP mirror and put them into a directory on your DOS partition: resc1440.bin, drv1440.bin, base2_1.tgz, root.bin, linux, install.bat and loadlin.exe.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rod.