Re: GNU-PG verifying question/confusion.

It means that gpg can not verify that the "Linux Kernel Archives
Verification Key" is what it says it is; the tarball has been signed
with that key, but there is no assurance that both the key and tarball
haven't been modified.  What it boils down to is whether or not you
trust that the key you have is the real key you want.

Read the gpg docs for more info on "trust".