Re: periodic crashes

On 2000-03-13 21:05:13, Pollywog wrote:

> I just ran the "last" command, and I noticed that my machine has
> crashed several times since March 1 and in each instance, the time
> was the same, 17:01 UTC.

By virtue of being a crash, last will not show you when your machine
crashed but only when rebooted (started).  In which case 1701 might be
around the time when you would be firing up your box again (there is
60 seconds of opportunity ;-) )?

Are you using a recent stable kernel (2.2.x)?

Check your syslog file to see what your machine was doing just before
it crashes (it might not show the last stuff as it might not have been
committed to disk).

When did this behavior start?

Check memory, cpu/system temperature.

/Allan