new real player beta

I suppose some people have probably noticed on slashdot that a new version
of real player is out. I'm the maintainer of the realplayer installer
package in the contrib distribution of Debian. Just to forstall a flood of
email, I'm writing to let people know that this version will *not* be
supported by the installer until Real makes it available in some format
other than a self-extracting program that must be run as root under
X and requires user interaction to install. That's stupid, and I'm just not
gonna go there. Once a rpm or (god forbid!) a tarball is available, the
realplayer installer in unstable will be updated to use it.

In the meantime, Debian folks who really need it can install it by hand.

--
see shy jo