Re: SMBCLIENT PROBLEM

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Vicente Torres wrote:

      I use smbmount-2.1.x to access Windows NT file systems
      from other computers in the net.
      Sometimes the connection gets lost and I get the following message when
      try to list those directories:

      bash-2.02$ ls /net/XXX
      ls: /net/XXX: Input/output error
      bash-2.02$

      If I try to mount again the net directories, smbmount-2.1.x says:

      Could not resolve mount point

      and the only solution I know is to restart my potato. After restart
      the connections are available again.

      How can I restore connections without restarting?

I can only suggest you that upgrades your kernel to 2.2.x and install,
after do it, the last smbfs package that replace the smbfsx for 2.1.x
kernels.

After the two updates (kernel and package) all runs ok now. Try it and
good luck!

Josep Llauradó Selvas	    darlock@teleline.es
Darlock		       http://darlockd.xoom.com
	Linux Registered User #153481

Overload -- core meltdown sequence initiated.