Re: Kernel 2.3.49/51 and exec permissions

The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org> writes:

> but not if I try to sudo to a non-root id (this is as root, note the #):
> bash-2.04# sudo -u man bash
> sudo: unable to exec /bin/bash: Permission denied

     This doesn't affect your main question, but you are using the
wrong syntax for sudo.  The -u option takes a username/uid argument.
Your command is telling sudo to run bash as user man, who doesn't
exist.  sudo is normally run by a user (not root) who is listed in the
file /etc/sudoers.

     Your sudo problems don't appear to be related to your suid
problems.

Bob
--
   _